Wednesday, February 6, 2008

In the News...

Ok, so I haven't been bad about updating the blog. I've been embarrassingly bad. Thanks Noe and Brun for picking me up. Anyway, today, the MB graced the cover of "the Hook"---a weekly publication in Charlottesville sure to gain massive stature and clout after today---so I figured it's as good a time as any to dive back in.

Lots of good shows lately…the most recent one ("Vajayjay") was particularly fun, because it was basically a throwback to the old days when we didn't have guests; we'd just sit down, have a beer, and wing it….some good shows coming up in the future, too---we're taping a Valentine's day thing tonight with the owner of a lingerie store joining us….that'll be episode 2x13…..and later this month, Sparky's Flaw is gonna come hang out for a show; huge props to another C'ville band-done-good….just read about them today on mtv.com ….


I'm wondering if now that we've been on the cover of a magazine, as well as profiled on TV across the Mid-Atlantic (on Comcast SportsNet's Cavalier Sports Weekly), if we finally have enough cred to create a fucking Wikipedia entry without it being deleted right away. I mean, look at everything that has a damn Wikipedia page. BRUNO has his own Wikipedia page. So anyway we're gonna work on that ASAP. If you read this, please feel free to chip in on our Wikipedia entry….we don't want to be those sad people who have to make their own (although I pretty much just admitted that's exactly who we are).


Reason number 5,722 why I love being on the show:
Last night was setting up to be an absolute disaster. I had decided to drive up to Northern Virginia to have dinner with an ex-girlfriend (one who I was very nearly married to), and planned a really emotional heart-to-heart that had been a long time brewing. So the night before, while Nick and I sat on the balcony with a couple cigars and a little bourbon, I explained the whole situation to him, and how I still care about this girl, but we can't seem to have a civil conversation, etc. etc….so what does Nick say in response? "Good luck"? "I'll be pullin' for ya, sport"? No….


"Can you text me every few minutes while you're up there, so I can keep a running blog on the website in case it turns out to be a train wreck?"


God bless the 'Cue.

1 comment:

Marcie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.