Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"Five Different Types of Asians"

Hit play and start reading:


not from our studio, something to listen to while you read

Those were some of the first words out of the mouths of "Tim Be Told" (MySpace), a Charlottesville/UVA based pop quintet that came and hung out with us in our studio last night. Foolishly, I attempted to identify each band members ethnicity, and correctly identified 3 out of the 5 (Chinese, Filipino and Caucasian) and then learned an import lesson about picking a Korean out of a group (its all in the eyes). But the show was less about ethnicity and more about group of 5 cool dudes who have some how have been flying under our sonar (apparently we have been flying under theirs as well).

Yes, I did just say sonar... We are looking to make the big jump to radar in late spring, more info to come on that soon.

A big thanks goes out to the guys for staying up late with us. In addition to our musical guest:
  • Adam's and weekend house guests discovered a way to pass time between the hours of 2 a.m. and 7 a.m., using The Sex Offender Registry Page and the phone book.
  • We talked about the knowledge you might gain from our new instructional video. Its both instructional as well as entertaining as we demonstrate a new take on a old game (beer pong/ beirut).
  • We also would like to take this chance to promote our facebook groups as we continue our man vs man challenge to see who could create the more popular facebook group.
    • Adam's group is: I probably won't wish you happy birthday on Facebook.
      • The whimsical definition of the group: I will not write happy birthday on your Facebook wall. I promise, it's not personal. That doesn't mean I am ignoring you, or harbor a grudge of any kind. I'm not trying to keep your numbers down so I feel like I have more friends than you. It just means that out of the 40 people who will write "happy birthday" on your wall this year, 20 you haven't spoken to in two years, 10 write it on everybody's wall no matter what, five are only writing on your wall in hopes you'll return the favor, and make them seem more popular; and at least three are people you don't recognize, who you probably became facebook friends with after some massive throwdown freshman year and haven't seen since.

        If I want to wish you a happy birthday, I will send you a text message or maybe see you at your party. Otherwise, just assume it's implied. Join Here.
    • My (Nick's) group is: Where are they now...TGIF stars?
      • My less that whimsical definition: TGIF on ABC was a pillar of our generations early teenage and adolescent years. Unfortunately it seems as though time hasn't been so kind to TGIF actors not named Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. While I can't guarantee success for these Dickey Roberts, I can promise that I will keep members abreast of what Kimmy Gibler and Eddie Winslow have been doing since they left your your Friday night small screen. This may be one of the only facebook groups out there giving back. Join Today.
That's it, it's been good to gather.

1 comment:

Marcie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.