Friday, February 1, 2008

A Real Life Newsman in our Studio

Thursday nights show was supposed to be Adam and me yammering on and on about things on our mind, and do a couple of bits we had been planning. That ended up being most of the show, but when I went to work on Thursday morning I saw this article, and had enough. This was the second chapter in a case being covered by The Hooks very own Lindsay Barnes. (Read the first part of the story) The case concerns a Staunton Adult Novelty shop that is charged with violating obscenity law. The owner of the store was recently slapped with felony indictments. Now, two months latter, the cashier who sold undercover cops, “Obscene Materials” has also been caught up in the dragnet, and is being charged as well.

Anyhow, I got so fired up that I contacted Lindsay and booked him for that nights show. He joined us for two segments and told us all about the story and allowed me to vent my frustrations, confusions, and opinions on this case. Lindsay gave us the legal definition of the obscenity, and some predictions on where the case might end up.

As for my thoughts (and I am assuming Adam’s as well)… I think Ray Robertson is a buffoon who is making allegations without any evidence, and wasting time and money on an issue the government can not, and should not control in the first place.

Other link-ables included in the show:

  • What a Difference 6 Months Makes, The Amy Winehouse Slideshow featuring Adam and myself. I think Amy takes a huge fall while the stock of the MB rises.
  • Time Magazines’ Top 10 buzzwords of 2007.
  • This cnn.com obituary slip-up.

As always, it is good to gather, especially with obscenity.

2 comments:

Marcie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marcie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.